Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Doing my geisha walk in the rain


Saturday morning found me at the big development organization in Ortigas. Hunched over Joe's workstation, I caught up on hi-speed internet and tweaked layouts under the watchful care of the third occupant of the room, our bodyguard Eddie. Guarding Joy and I and a bag of Joe's surplus banana chips with his big-ass rifle, Eddie sat on the window sill, staring out into the empty rooms across the East Core (which resembles some reactor core, or a giant egg). That's his picture up there. With Eddie around, you're probably wondering what kind of projects I'd be working on in this development complex that demands you go through two x-rays for you and your baggage before reaching the lobby. Well. All I can say is--they have the best, cheapest chocolate cake in the cafeteria. Hahaha.

Yes. I had work on a Saturday morning (nothing new). Then an attempt at emceeing at the ArtPlay exhibit opening in Quezon City. Then a mini-meeting with Rhea back in Ortigas for the Idea!s planning sked. Then buying materials for the planning, and for cards for a friend. Then back home to Alabang. I don't know whatever possessed me to wear a very long denim skirt (the heavy kind that limits you stride). It rained that day (it rains pretty much everyday now), and so i got stuck hobbling around in the rain in a drenched and thus rather heavy skirt, sloshing through mini-rivers of rainwater.

Dragged myself home in a more sabog state than usual. Then it was off to Anilao the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home