Saturday, May 13, 2006

Colombo


Contrary to popular misgivings about Colombo, the situation didn't seem so bad (of course, I write this from the safety of my home back in Alabang, I highly doubt Dev would appreciate this statement being stuck in Colombo 'til the 15th). Yes, there were soldiers most everywhere, liberally bearing their big-ass rifles, randomly stopping tuktuks (a form of transportation similar to our tricycles) and doing passport checks on foreigners. I was also told that security checkpoints when traveling at night were one too many. Nevertheless, the GKP International Forum went on, and quite literally the world gathered to share knowledge, debate and asses action plans on ICT4D.


Events like this allow you to see the great stuff others have been doing, learn and see how things can be done better, meet people, form partnerships and gain a renewed sense of urgency for the huge amount of work that challenges each of us. Oooh, if only I was built for schmoozing (haha, my new word). I feel better hiding behind production work. Hanging with the rest of the YSEI gang was fun though.


I got to explore a bit of Colombo too.


The travel to and from Colombo was quite an adventure in itself too. Maybe more of that sometime. Check out my Fotopage for more photos.

2 Comments:

Blogger hlF said...

okay, where is excatly is colombo and what are you doing there??? aren't you supposed to be in malaysia???

4:54 PM  
Blogger Yellowbug said...

hahaha. i was in malaysia. that was my overnight stopover before going to colombo, sri lanka.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home