Sunday, May 28, 2006

Snippets from Around the World

California, USA:
I can just imagine mommy leaning over her book and studying for the NCLEX. Her reading glasses are perched on her nose, and it's still and silent. She likes studying during the wee hours of the morning.

Dubai, UAE:
Clarisse and I are chatting as she uploads her photos from her recent vacation in Seychelles. She's sitting in front of her desk, her big bed behind her. Outside the big, tinted sliding doors that open to a narrow balcony, the construction of the building next door is in progress (or is it already finished?). She gets up from her computer and gets ready to go to mass.

Boracay, Philippines:
I forgot Mart went to Boracay, so when I gave him a ring to ask him if he wanted to watch X-Men 3, I realized my attempt at sibling-quality-time was futile (yes, its the big kuya who introduced the wide-eyed little sister to X-Men and comic books). He sounded reaaaally groggy. Too much fun in the sun? Gosh, I do hope it's sunny there. The rainy season's already started.

Tsukuba, Japan:
Herb-san and I chat and discuss the prospects of me visiting her there via winning an essay writing contest (hahaha, we dream, don't we?). I have to learn to ride the bike daw. Better for sightseeing.

I can imagine the cold cobblestones on the streets of Paris; the crisp morning air of Ilmenau as we walk to and from the Ilmenau Technical Institute in Thuringen, Germany; the narrow alleyways of Rome; the cold floor of the Venice train station; the inclined streets of San Francisco; the urban night life of Kuala Lumpur; the reverie of the Buddhist temples in Colombo; lying in the powdery sand and gazing at the stars over El Nido, Palawan; walking down Session Road in Baguio; stuffing myself with grilled food in Cebu; staring at the sea in Dumaguete; watching the waves in Mindoro; wandering about the marketplace in Cagayan de Oro; trekking in Banaue; marching down the street with torches in Davao; eating sushi in Cotabato (ahehehe); hunting for DVDs in Quiapo; commuting to Tagaytay in the dead of the night from CCP...it goes on and on.

Ergh. Bitten by intense wanderlust. Someone stop me before I re-pack my bag and head out. Er, on second thought, don't.

*****

Thoughts and prayers for the people in Indonesia.

2 Comments:

Blogger hlF said...

ahhh marielle, you're such a traveller!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Yellowbug said...

waaaaah. i so wanted to get sunburned. now it's the rainy season na. and i am constantly indoors.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home