Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Lumpiang Ubod and a Strange Dream

I remembered my dream, I remembered my dream!

I took a nap last night upon getting home--that was around ten. I was quite shocked when I woke up and looked at my watch--almost seven in the morning! I tried to remember if I set my alarm clock and celphone alarm...I vaguely recall doing so. Then it came back to me--running, running, recalling the look and feel of the neighborhood I was running in. I remember making my way through a neighborhood, one I was familiar with. Nice, well-kept houses. Big ones too. Upper-middleclass neighborhood. Family members spending time outside on their front lawns. I was running, the way I used to jog around the village. But somehow the way I was running felt the way you feel when you try to run underwater. A kind of slomo, exaggerated kind of running. I recall being puzzled at this resistance to my movement. But I kept running. Then I remembered I was running out of time, I think I had an appointment or something. Then I got lost. For some reason, this neighborhood reminded me of my village, and yet it wasn't. It's a neighborhood I've been in before, maybe in another dream (haha, may parallel universe na ako doon). I got a little panicked, and put in more effort in trying to reach my destination (wherever that was). I even remember asking for directions. I just had to get to my destination, and time was running out.

Then I remember meeting up with Dang (yes, you were in my dream! Along with some of your siblings and relatives--weird noh?). We were submitting entries to a competition. I don't know what kind, it wasn't a painting competition. From some urban commercial district where the world outside seemed to have the quality of scratchy celluloid film, we took a cab and met up with some of your siblings and cousins (that is soooo weird). We were all gathered in a room, and we were informally talking about our submissions. Agh. I have nooooo idea what that can mean. Too fragmented.

Maybe it's all of the lumpiang ubod I consumed yesterday. I had one during lunch, I had three for dinner, then one for breakfast this morning. At least fresh lumpia is healthy. Hehehe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi marielle, for some strange reason, i googled you on the web. i remembered that you had a blogspace and wanted to check it out. and in your sept13 entry, you mentioned me as being part of your dream. hmmmm, the strangest things happen.:) maybe i miss you and we should be "doing" what we should be doing...writing.:)hope you have a great week ahead.:) -dang

12:22 AM  
Blogger Yellowbug said...

write we shall! i get to put in a few scribbles here and there while i'm alone at the apartment. actually, i'm starting to appreciate my alone-time even more now. :-) and we won't stop at writing...we shall paint, and take pictures, and travel--and be happy making ourselves and a lot of other people happy.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home