Friday, August 12, 2005

Of Happy Thoughts and One Night Stands

"So is this what a one night stand feels like?" I joked, getting ready to head out the door to work.

My sister burst out laughing. "But you're not a boy!!!"

My flight attendant ate is in town for a 24-hour layover. Whenever these occasions arise, the whole family troops to the hotel to greet and eat, and those of us who have no problems falling asleep at anyplace at anytime sleep over. With Eleanor in the States, the sleep-overee would be me. Medyo nakakamiss, sharing a bed, confiding things in sisterly intimacy.

Of course I wouldn't elaborate on what we talked about, but I would like to say that I'm glad to see my ate this way. She seems more strong-willed and she knows what she wants. I'm happy for her, and I know fortune shall not delay for those who do not dilly-dally (like me).


She also hand-delivered this cute kitty postcard. Chinese Cats - Cat 5 by Cheng Dehong. I love postcards. Kung may lalabas ng bansa, ito ang ipasalubong niyo sa akin ha? Hehehe. May sulat man o wala. Pero siyempre mas gusto kong may sulat.

*****

Thank you Gladys for the happy thoughts. She sent me these:

  • Waking up to the sound of a flowing river.
  • Surviving a muddy and slippery hike.
  • Native pigs eating grass (my favorite).

*****

AUGUST
Adrienne Rich

Two horses in yellow light
eating windfall apples under a tree

as summer tears apart milkweeds stagger
and grasses grow more ragged

They say there are ions in the sun
neutralizing magnetic fields on earth

Some way to explain
what this week has been, and the one before it!

If I am flesh sunning on rock
if I am brain burning in fluorescent light

if I am dream like a wire with fire
throbbing along it

if I am death to man
I have to know it

His mind is too simple, I cannot go on
sharing his nightmares

My own are becoming clearer, they open
into prehistory

which looks like a village lit with blood
where all the fathers are crying: My son is mine!

*****

Happy birthday, Tita Gang! *mwah*

2 Comments:

Blogger eL said...

sige i'll send you a postcard. hahaha! ;)

5:40 AM  
Blogger Yellowbug said...

Yes, a postcard would be welcomed, among other things (from you). Mwahahaha.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home